This item will be shipped in the form of a voucher. See additional info in Location and Shipment section.
Reserve price: No
Voucher good for any class or performing arts program. Oddfellows Playhouse is the largest and most active year-round youth theater in Connecticut. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization with an arts/social service mission. Oddfellows strives to promote the growth of young people by helping them build skills and self-confidence through the performing arts. Our teaching artists are committed professionals with proven expertise in working with young people. Their goal is to produce high quality, original theater. Students learn the building blocks of theater, such as acting, mime, clowning, and movement. Just as importantly, however, they learn life skills. Our teaching artists stress teamwork, cooperation, and respect for others. Every student receives full attention, in every class and performance. At the same time, students learn to appreciate each other's talents and contributions. Finally, students broaden their educations by learning about literature, culture, and history that they might not have access to otherwise. Oddfellows' core program consists of three 8-week terms from September to May of tuition-based performing arts classes and mainstage and mini-productions for ages 6-20. A generous financial aid policy offers scholarships to all children who need them. No child is ever turned away for financial reasons. A Neighborhood Troupes program offers free after-school weekly performing arts classes throughout the school year for 65 at-risk youth from Middletown and Portland's lowest income areas. A 5-week summer Children's Circus teaches circus skills to over 200 Middletown youngsters, culminating in a widely attended, spectacular outdoor public performance. Breaking down barriers of racial, ethnic, and cultural isolation is central to our mission. About 60% of Playhouse students are Caucasian and 40% are African American, Latino, or Asian. While 64% of Playhouse students are from Middletown, the remaining 36% are from 24 separate school districts throughout central Connecticut. Approximately 10% of the youngsters have special needs. Our mission is further expressed through what we teach. Every year, our curriculum focuses on the literature, folk tales, and artistic traditions of world cultures. This focus is then expressed in every production over the year, from our beginners' classes through our Teen Repertory company.
Good towards any class or educational program.
128 Washington Street
Middletown, CT 06457
|Credit Card||November 26, 2018 8:00AM||December 03, 2018 10:00AM||283191||Entertainment||N/A|